Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Blossoms of the Mind

Whereupon my jewel eyes lay,
the future brightens and lights up
my brain with dreams of easy life
and passion-pleased, in place of rigid
nights in chairs with nothing
in my hands and nothing to ensnare.

Whereupon my jewel eyes lay,
a pathway colorizes and greys away
and all at once and all at twice
and all at three times my dreams
collide and thrice the impact rings my ears
with jagged jerks and metallic tension like
iron bars that trap me in or out.

Whereupon my jewel eyes lay
at night, I sit and sway beneath
above between the night and day,
the earth and space, and think
this big planet is a pillow and
the stars are strictly night-lights
ever far away.

Whereupon my jewel eyes lay,
to think of her, She Whoever,
and whether she'd find pleasure lying
back and hearing as I whisper
and repeat the words of another
in her ear, "Lay lady lay."

Whereupon my jewel eyes lay...
No! I'd rather not go another day
obeying fingers pointed in
an order straight forward, but to
live with Little People in
my brainmind quarters, quite
literally living in my dreams.

Whereupon my jewel eyes lay,
Wherever upon they'll lay,
I live to change my mind another day.

No comments: